ANDERSON, S.C. – The King University women's golf team opened their season with a sixth place finish at the Anderson University Invitational. Roxane Nataf led the Tornado with a top 10 finish.
KING RESULTS: 5th of 9
LOCATION: Cobb's Glen Golf Course; Anderson, S.C.
COURSE DETAILS: par 72; 5825 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Nataf led the way for the Tornado, improving on a first round of 84 to shoot two-under 70 in the second round. She finished seventh with a tournament total of 154.
- In her first collegiate tournament, Sasha Gardiner carded an 82 in the first round before shooting 79 in the second round for a total of 161. She finished 14th.
- Morgan Powers shot 171, posting a score of 84 in the first round and 87 in the second round.
- Autumn Bergendahl wasn't far behind, shooting 85 in the first round and 87 in the second round for a total of 172.
- Rounding out the team was Shelby Zeiter with a tournament score of 173 after carding an 88 in the first round, she posted an 85 in the final round.
FOR THE FOES
- Anderson University won the tournament with a score of 598 while Catawba College finished second at 636.
- Kate Hill of Anderson won the tournament with a score of 147.
- The Tornado are in action again on September 24-25 when they host the King University Invitational at the Country Club of Bristol.