JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. – Sasha Gardiner led the way for the King University women's golf team at the season-opening Mars Hill Invitational, finishing third. The Tornado finished fourth with a stroke total of 671.
KING RESULTS: 4th of 5 (671)
LOCATION: Johnson City Country Club; Johnson City, Tenn.
COURSE DETAILS: Par 72, 5872 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Gardiner followed an opening round of 74 by shooting 78 in the second round for a stroke total of 152.
- Morgan Powers improved on her opening round of 86 to card an 81 in the second round and finish with a total of 167.
- Riley Grunewald and Grace Gillen each finished with a stroke total of 176.
- Grunewald shot 88 in each round while Gillen improved on her first round of 96 with an 80 in the final round.
FOR THE FOES
- Tusculum University won the tournament with a score of 629 while Milligan College was second at 633.
- Michaela Lindahl of Milligan was the individual medalist, finishing with a stroke total of 148.
- King hosts their lone tournament of the season on Monday and Tuesday at the Golf Club of Bristol.