DAHLONEGA, Ga. – The King University women's golf team finished their fall season with their lowest round of the year, 322 in the final round of the LeeAnn Noble Memorial. The Tornado finished 13th with a stroke total of 657 and were led by Sasha Gardiner who finished 30th.
KING RESULTS: 13th of 15 (657)
LOCATION: Achasta Golf Course; Dahlonega, Ga.
COURSE DETAILS: par 72; 5934 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Gardiner followed an opening round of 78 with a 77 in the second round to finish at 155.
- Riley Grunewald shot an 80 in the second round, following an opening round of 81 to finish with a stroke total of 161.
- Grace Gillen improved an opening round of 86 with an 83 in the final round to finish at 169.
- Morgan Powers carded an 82, a day after shooting 90 to finish with a stroke total of 172.
FOR THE FOES
- Columbus State University won the tournament with a stroke total of 582. The University of North Georgia was second at 583 and Lee University took third at 596.
- Megan Sabol of North Georgia was the individual medalist with a tournament total of 135. Ana Thorne of Columbus State finished second at 143.
- King takes to the course again on February 10-11 at the Spring Kickoff at the Golf Club of Hampton in St. Augustine, Fla.