INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – Three King University men's wrestlers are still alive following the first day of the Midwest Classic. The day was led by Elijah Seay who reached the semifinals while Jacob Wynn and Cade Ridley have advanced in the consolation bracket.
KING RESULTS: 26th of 39
LOCATION: Nicoson Hall; Indianapolis, Ind.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Elijah Seay led the Tornado on Saturday, going 3-0 to reach the semifinals at 197 pounds.
- He started his day with a pin before taking two wins by decision, including a 6-4 victory over Knnor Schmidt of Western Colorado in the quarterfinals.
- At 141 pounds, Wynn is still alive in the consolation bracket as he went 4-1 on the day.
- Wynn split his first two matches before rolling off three straight wins, the first two by decisions over Alex Rhine of Bellarmine University 7-4 and Taquel Young of Emmanuel College 11-5.
- Ridley is also alive in the consolation bracket at 285 pounds after a 3-1 day.
- Ridley also split his first two matches before taking decisions in his final two matches of the day.
- He defeated Bellarmine's Brian Stears 2-0 before topping Luke Diener of McKendree University 8-3.
RESULTS BY WEIGHT CLASS
125 – Rylee Billings 0-2
133 – Josh Wynn 0-2
141 – Jacob Wynn 4-1
149 – Landon Goforth 1-2
157 – Tyler Williams 0-2
174 – Kody Eichlin 1-2
197 – Elijah Seay – 3-0 (semifinal)
285 – Cade Ridley – 3-1
- The tournament concludes on Sunday.