BRISTOL, Tenn. – In their first home dual of the season, the King University men's wrestling team came away with a thrilling come-from-behind victory. The Tornado trailed 24-8, but rolled off three straight wins, a technical fall and two pins to defeat Emmanuel College 25-24.
FINAL SCORE: King 25, Emmanuel 24
LOCATION: Kline Hall; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 1-0, 1-0 South Atlantic Conference Carolinas; Emmanuel 2-4, 0-1 South Atlantic Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Rylee Billings got King off to a good start with a 19-1 technical fall over Deven Perez at 125 pounds, giving King a 5-0 lead.
- Following an Emmanuel major decision, Jacob Wynn came up with a comeback 4-2 sudden victory one over Nicholas Voiles at 141 pounds that put the Tornado ahead 8-4.
- However, 11th-ranked Dalton Flint started a run of four straight wins for Emmanuel with a pin at 149 pounds.
- Following a forfeit at 174, Emmanuel led 24-8 with three matches remaining.
- Joey Mammolenti earned a 16-0 technical fall over Seth Bell, cutting the King deficit to 24-13.
- Eighth-ranked Elijah Seay followed with a pin in 1:35 of Travis Voelker, pulling King within striking distance.
- It didn't take Cade Ridley long as he got an early takedown on Preston Sell. Ridley the finished the pin in 1:13, giving King the 25-24 victory.
- King will be in action again on Friday and Saturday at the Coker Duals.
- Emmanuel is in action again on Saturday at the Midway University Tri Duals.