HARTSVILLE, S.C. – The King University men's wrestling team had a good day at the Coker Duals, going 3-1 on the day. The Tornado started with wins over Truett McConnell College and Bluefield College before falling to 22nd-ranked Mercyhurst University. King closed the day with a win over Ohio Valley University.
FINAL SCORE: King 48, Truett McConnell 3; King 48, Bluefield 6; #22 Mercyhurst 30, King 14; King 48, Ohio Valley 6
LOCATION: DeLoach Center; Hartsville, S.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED – TRUETT MCCONNELL
- King started with a pair of technical fall wins as Rylee Billings defeated Brandon Navixay 16-1 at 125 pounds and Josh Wynn followed with a 17-1 victory over Leonel Silvestre.
- Jacob Wynn and Riley Alderman followed with pins over Michael Martin and Jacob Power at 141 and 149 pounds, respectively.
- Matthew Danner earned a 4-3 decision over Roody Edouard at 165 pounds before Kody Eichlin took a 17-2 technical fall win over Austin Ray at 174 pounds.
- The Tornado then took three straight wins by fall to take the 48-3 victory.
- Joey Mammolenti started by pinning Dalton Hardeman at 184 pounds and Elijah Seay followed with a pin of Derek Harmsen.
- Cady Ridley capped the victory with a pin over Cameron Hamby at 285 pounds.
HOW IT HAPPENED – BLUEFIELD
- Elijah Hicks started with a 23-8 technical fall over William Anders at 125 pounds before a forfeit gave the Tornado the lead.
- Jacob Wynn came up with a 14-1 major decision over Isaac Wright at 141 pounds before King took back-to-back pins.
- Alderman pinned Gerron Poston at 149 pounds and Tyler Williams followed by pinning Gustavo Gomez at 157 pounds.
- Eichlin came up with a 5-4 decision over Luke Young at 174 pounds before three straight wins to clinch the match for King.
- Mammolenti pinned Jacob Booth at 184 pounds before a forfeit.
- Ridley capped the 48-6 win with a pin over Matthew Bourne.
HOW IT HAPPENED – #22 MERCYHURST
- Mercyhurst grabbed the lead with six straight wins to start the dual.
- Eichlin got King on the board with a 5-2 decision over Gavin Wilkerson at 174 pounds.
- Mammolenti followed with a pin of Treven Begin at 184 pounds and Seay earned a 16-0 technical fall win over Logan Pollick at 197 pounds.
- However, Mercyhurst won the final bout, taking the match 30-14.
HOW IT HAPPENED – OHIO VALLEY
- Billings opened the dual with a 9-3 win over Anthony Tripke before King took three wins by forfeit.
- Tyler Williams then earned a 12-3 major decision over Sam Phillips before two more wins by forfeit.
- Following an Ohio Valley victory, King won the final two matches by forfeit to take the dual 48-6.
- King returns to action on Thursday when they travel to take on Belmont Abbey College. The South Atlantic Conference Carolinas dual is scheduled to start at 7:00 p.m.