BELMONT, N.C. – For the second time in as many South Atlantic Conference Carolinas duals, the King University men's wrestling earned a come-from-behind win. The Tornado earned a pair of late pins to complete the 25-19 comeback win at Belmont Abbey College.
FINAL SCORE: King 25, Belmont Abbey 19
LOCATION: Wheeler Center; Belmont, N.C.
RECORDS: King 5-1, 2-0 South Atlantic Conference Carolinas; Belmont Abbey 4-4, 0-2 South Atlantic Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Rylee Billings got the Tornado off to a good start with an 8-4 victory over Aaron Zebrauskas at 125 pounds.
- King followed with a win by forfeit to take a 9-0 advantage.
- The Crusaders followed with three straight decisions to even the dual at nine before a forfeit gave Belmont Abbey a 15-9 lead.
- Kody Eichlin got the Tornado back on the board with a 16-7 major decision over Andrew Pegram at 174 pounds.
- Belmont Abbey responded with a major decision at 184 pounds, extending their lead back to six points.
- Eighth-ranked Elijah Seay evened the dual score when he pinned Colton Brittain in 2:33.
- Chris Vasquez followed suit, giving King the 25-19 victory when he pinned Lucas Scarlett in 4:27 at 285 pounds.
- King returns to the mat on January 24 at Newberry College. The dual is scheduled to start at 7:00 p.m.
- Belmont Abbey is in action again on January 25 at Coker College.