BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's wrestling team dropped a South Atlantic Conference Carolinas dual on Monday night to Limestone College. The Tornado won the first match, but Limestone won the next seven, taking the dual 28-9.
FINAL SCORE: Limestone 28, King 9
LOCATION: Kline Hall; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 5-3, 2-2 South Atlantic Conference Carolinas; Limestone 7-6, 4-0 South Atlantic Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Rylee Billings earned a 4-1 lead after two periods against James Sass at 125 pounds.
- In the third period, he extended his lead to 8-1 before taking the match 10-5 to give King a 3-0 lead.
- However, the Saints answered with a 9-0 major decision at 133 pounds, starting a run of seven straight victories.
- That run included a forfeit as Limestone took a 28-3 lead.
- Eighth-ranked Elijah Seay got the Tornado back on the board with a 7-4 victory over Raekwon Reggler at 197 pounds.
- Seay trailed 2-0, but got a reversal to even the score and another in the second period to take the lead and eventually the win.
- At 285 pounds, Chris Vasquez grabbed a 1-0 lead with a second-period escape. Daniel Bland then evened the score with an escape in the third period.
- Vasquez came away with a takedown and held off a late attack from Bland to take the match 3-2.
- King hosts Coker College at 3:00 p.m. on Sunday.
- Limestone travels to Belmont Abbey College on Saturday.