BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's wrestling team closed their home schedule in style on Sunday afternoon. The Tornado defeated Coker College 24-18, highlighted by a pin from Kody Eichlin on Senior Day.
FINAL SCORE: King 24, Coker 18
LOCATION: Student Center Complex; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 6-3, 3-2 South Atlantic Conference Carolinas; Coker 2-12, 1-5 South Atlantic Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Rylee Billings got King off to a good start with a takedown of John Watts in the waning seconds to take 125-pound bout.
- Coker came back with a win at 133 pounds before Jacob Wynn used a second-period takedown to defeat Alex Braden at 141 pounds to put King back on top.
- Riley Alderman gave King a 9-3 advantage when he topped Khyree Alexander 4-1 at 149 pounds.
- A pin and forfeit put the Cobras ahead 15-9, but Eichlin had the answer.
- Eichlin pinned Seth Spell in 1:46, evening the score.
- Following a Coker victory, the Tornado took a win by forfeit at 197 pounds to retake the lead.
- Cade Ridley capped the 24-18 victory with a 4-0 decision over Dalton Haywood at 285 pounds.
- The Tornado close their dual schedule on Thursday when they travel to Queens University.
- Coker hosts Liberty University on Thursday.