CHARLOTTE, N.C. – In their final dual of the season, the King University men's wrestling team fell behind at Queens University in the early going. The Tornado made a run to comeback, but came up short as the Royals took the dual 19-17.
FINAL SCORE: Queens 19. King 17
LOCATION: Levine Center; Charlotte, N.C.
RECORDS: King 6-4, 3-3 South Atlantic Conference Carolinas; Queens 1-17, 1-5 South Atlantic Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Royals got off to a good start, winning the first four matches to take a 13-0 lead.
- Tyler Williams got the Tornado on the board with a 7-4 decision over Micah Marcin at 157 pounds.
- Kody Eichlin followed with a 13-4 major decision over Stephon Halliburton at 174 pounds.
- However, the Royals responded with a pin at 184 pounds, extending their lead to 19-7.
- Eight-ranked Elijah Seay came up with a 19-0 technical fall over Jacob Balmas at 197 pounds before Cade Ridley pinned Benjamin Austin in 2:38 at 285.
- It was enough though, as King fell 19-17.
- Both teams are in action again on February 22 at the NCAA Division II Regional Championships hosted by Coker College in Hartsville, SC.