BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's wrestling team put together an incredible performance against Bluefield College this evening in Kline Hall. Six wins by fall led the Tornado to a 45-9 victory over the Rams.
FINAL SCORE: King University 45, Bluefield College 9
LOCATION: Kline Hall; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 1-1, Bluefield 0-2
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Tornado wasted no time as Rylee Billings, Elijah Hicks and Austin Kolikas pick up first period pins to give King the early lead 18-0.
- At 149 Bryson Hux assembled an extremely close match but dropped the first decision of the night. Also, a forfeit for King at 157 brought the closest team score of the night at 18-9.
- At 165 Cory Collins makes his season debut. After a beautiful low single, a host of slide by's would give Collins the advantage early. He managed to capitalize in the second period with another Tornado pin.
- Camden Buckingham also shows out at 174 with another first period pin for the Tornado. Updated score 30-9.
- At 184 Matthew Danner receives a forfeit to increase the Tornado lead 36-9.
- Coming fresh from a strong finals appearance at the Wolfpack Open, Elijah Seay adds six to the Tornado lead with a first period pin of his own.
- At 285 Isaah Perez makes a bold move, wrestling up from his normal 184lb weight class. He would take Bluefield the distance and with a second period ride out he takes the decision 2-0.
- Final score: King 45, Bluefield 9
- The Tornado will compete at the King Open on Sunday.