BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's wrestling team fell to Queens University of Charlotte by a score of 30-15. Cory Collins led the Tornado at 157 pounds with a first period win by fall and Rylee Billings picked up a close win by a score of 5-4 at 125 pounds.
FINAL SCORE: King University 15, Queens University of Charlotte 30
LOCATION: Student Center Complex; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 1-4, 0-1 South Atlantic Conference Carolinas, Queens 3-1, 1-0 South Atlantic Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Billings gave the Tornado and early lead by grabbing an extremely close victory over Queens' Melvin Rubio.
- Elijah Hicks, Jacob Wynn and Riley Alderman all feel in close matches at 133, 141 and 149 pounds, respectively. Alderman's match made it through an entire overtime cycle but he fell just short.
- Collins had the strongest showing of the night at 157 pounds. Off the whistle, he hit a slide by for an immediate takedown. He finished the match with a smooth transition from feet to back and grabbed a first-period pin.
- At 165 pounds Tony Morales had an extremely close match but would be edged out of the victory by a score of 7-8.
- At 285 pounds Cade Ridley picked up a win by forfeit.
- The Tornado will compete Sunday, January 19 at Mount Olive