GREENWOOD, S.C.- The King University men's wrestling team traveled to Lander University today and wrestled two duals against Emmanuel and Lander. King split the day with a 29-22 win over Emmanuel and a 12-30 loss to the home team. The Tornado was led by Rylee Billings and Elijah Seay, both going 2-0 on the day.
FINAL SCORE: King 29, Emmanuel 22; Lander 30, King 12
LOCATION: Finis Horne Arena; Greenwood, S.C.
RECORDS: King 3-5, Lander 3-5, Emmanuel 2-7
HOW IT HAPPENED - EMMANUEL
- At 125 Billings picked up a decision to give King an early 3-0 lead.
- At 133 and 141 pounds Elijah Hicks and Jacob Wynn take wins by fall in the third and first period to extend the lead to 15-0.
- Emmanuel retaliated with a pair of pins, a forfeit and a major decision to take the match lead.
- But the Tornado upper weights went on a three-match win streak to seal the victory.
- Matthew Danner put together another strong performance and picked up a 9-3 win by decision at 184.
- Elijah Seay hosted a mini-clinic for his first match after suffering a rib injury last semester. He took the win 18-0 in the second period.
- And Cade Ridley was right behind him ready to wrestle as he drops the hammer at 285 pounds with a second period pin.
HOW IT HAPPENED - LANDER
- At 125 Billings wasted no time as he walked away 2-0 on the day with a 1:24 second win by fall.
- Seay also punished his opponent with a first period fall at 197 pounds.
- The Tornado will host Newberry College at 7:00 p.m. on January 30.