MILLIGAN COLLEGE, Tenn. – The King University women's soccer team sailed pasted Milligan College behind explosive first half offense Wednesday night. With four goals in the first half King was able to comfortably manage the second holding Milligan scoreless for the match.
FINAL SCORE: King 5, Milligan 0
LOCATION: Anglin Field, Milligan College, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 5-1-1, Milligan 2-4-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Hulda Sigurdardottir set the pace for King taking four shots within the first 15 minutes.
- On her fifth attempted Sigurdardottir found the back of the net giving King their first goal in the 16th minute.
- The momentum continued in King's favor when soon after Milligan's keeper mishandled a cross and Kara Garrett capitalized picking it up and finishing inside the box in the 20th minute.
- In a similar pattern three minutes later The Tornado struck again when Kendyl Baird picked up a rebound from a Sigurdardottir shot off the post and lazered one in from just inside the 18.
- To top off the first half of goals Garrett tallied another as she was able beat the keeper in a scramble on the goal line.
- King's fifth goal was an own goal by Milligan.
- King outshot Milligan 27-12 for the match, including 14 on target.
- Nicole Dagher held The Buffalo scoreless in the first half recording two saves and Olivia Drake finished the shut out with four saves.
FOR THE FOES
- Keeper Charlotte Stevens recorded nine saves.
- Brittany Davis posted four shots, with three on frame.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Garrett ranks second in the conference in goal scored for the season with seven.
- The shot out marks Drakes' first of the season.
- The Tornado have netted 14 goals in their past three game.
- King has scored at least five goals in one match twice already this season, matching last year's total.
- The Tornado return to conference action Wednesday on the road against Belmont Abbey College at 3:00 p.m.
- Milligan will take on Tennessee Wesleyan College next at home Saturday at 5:00 p.m.