NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The King University women's soccer team fell to Trevecca Nazerene University after the Trojans net three goals in the second half including one in the 89th minute of play to take the win 3-2. Kara Garrett recorded both of the Tornado's goals in the first six minutes of the match.
FINAL SCORE: Trevecca Nazerene 3, King 2
LOCATION: Trevecca Soccer Complex, Nashville, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 5-3-2, Trevecca Nazerene 4-5-2
HOW IT HAPPENED
- King had a blazing start as Garret connected with Hulda Sigurdardottir in the 3rd minute and found the back of the net for her first goal of the match.
- Just minutes later the Tornado struck again as Garrett landed her second goal with an assist from Miranda Smith.
- King held off the Trojans for the rest of the half despite being outshot by Trevecca 11-5.
- Trevecca began the second half in a similar fashion as King in the first leading them to a goal in the first 4 minutes.
- The Trojan's continued with their offensive pressure finding the back of the net again in the 78th minute.
- Just before the whistle blew for the end of regulation time, Trevecca launched a last minute attempt recording the game winning goal in the 89th minute.
- King only attempted one shot in the second period to Trevecca's 14.
- Garrett recorded 5-6 of King's shots while 4 were on target.
- With the constant pressure from Trevecca, Olivia Drake made eight saves for the Tornado.
FOR THE FOES
- Summer Senn recorded both an assist and a goal for the Trojans.
- Goals were also scored by Mackenzie Nadeau and Courtney Dyer.
- Dyer tallies the game-winning goal.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Garrett's two goals put her on top of the Conference Carolina's standings in goals made for the season with 9.
- This marks Garret's third multi-goal game of the season.
- Smith's assist puts her on top on the Conference Carolina's standings for assists given for the season with 6.
- King will be in action again on Saturday when they travel to Wilson, N.C. to take on Barton College at 2:00 p.m.
- Trevecca Nazerene University will travel to take on Salem International Thursday at noon.