BRISTOL, Tenn. – In the third Conference Carolinas matchup of the year the King University women's team squared off against Belmont Abbey. The Crusaders scored one goal in the first half and added two in the second half to take the match 3-0.
FINAL SCORE: Belmont Abbey 3, King 0
LOCATION: Parks Field; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 2-6, 0-3 Conference Carolinas; Belmont Abbey 4-2-1, 2-1 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Tornado had scoring opportunities late in the first half and early in the second half as well.
- King hit 13 shots, five of which were on frame.
- Belmont Abbey struck in the 35th minute when Cassie Manion scored a goal into the far right corner of the net.
- The Crusaders scored their second goal of the game in the 53rd minute when Nicole Ferren received a pass from Katelyn Richard which sailed above the defense, and then was kicked into the left side of the goal.
- The Crusaders final goal came from Theresa Sloat in the 86th minute. She received a pass from Ferren which was centered to Sloat and was kicked into the middle net.
- Lauren Cox had four saves in the match for the Tornado.
FOR THE FOES
- Manion's goal was her second of the year for the Crusaders.
- Ferren and Sloat's goals were their first of the season.
- Kaitlyn Paul had seven saves for Belmont Abbey.
- King next squares off against North Greeneville at home on Saturday. Kickoff is scheduled for 1:00 pm.
- Belmont Abbey next faces Southern Wesleyan at home on Saturday.