BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University women's soccer team fell in a Conference Carolinas matchup against Lees-McRae College on Wednesday afternoon. The Bobcat offense proved to be too much for the Tornado as they netted three goals in route to a 3-0 victory over King.
FINAL SCORE: Lees-McRae 3, King 0
LOCATION: Parks Field; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 1-3-1, 1-1 Conference Carolinas; Lees-McRae 1-2-1, 1-0-1 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Tornado offense wasted no time getting into action as they pushed forward early and had a corner kick within the first minute and a half of play.
- The King defense was able to draw Lees-McRae offside three times within the first 15 minutes of play.
- However, the Bobcat offense found the back of the net in the 20th minute to take a 1-0 lead midway through the first half.
- 12 minutes later, Lees-McRae netted another goal to make it 2-0 just 32 minutes into the match.
- King recorded multiple shots throughout the first half, but never scored. The Tornado trailed 2-0 at the half.
- The second half started with two Miranda Smith shots early, however, neither could get past the Lees-McRae goalkeeper.
- In the 58th minute, a Bobcat player got a one-on-one breakaway down the middle of the field, however, Olivia Drake came out of goal and by diving forced a shot just high of the crossbar.
- However, a goal was conceded moments later in the 60th minute with a shot near the left post that snuck in past Drake.
- The Tornado ripped five more shots from this point on the Lees-McRae goalkeeper, but none could seem to find the back of the net resulting in a 3-0 victory for the Bobcats when time expired in the second half.
- Drake made five saves in the contest.
- Smith recorded six shots in the match, placing three on goal.
- King took 13 shots total, only placing three on frame.
FOR THE FOES
- Lees-McRae took 15 shots, putting eight on goal.
- Feely made 3 saves for the Bobcats.
- Three different scorers for Lees-McRae.
- King travels to North Greenville University on Saturday for a Conference Carolinas matchup at 1:00 p.m.
- Lees-McRae heads to the University of Mount Olive on Saturday.