BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King Women's Soccer team took on Emmanuel College Saturday afternoon in a Conference Carolinas matchup. The Lion's offense was effecient and made it tough for the Tornado to get into a rhythm. King fell to Emmanuel 5-1.
FINAL SCORE: Emmanuel 5, King 1
LOCATION: Parks Field; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 1-7-1, 1-4 Conference Carolinas; Emmanuel 4-4-1, 2-4-1 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- King started the game by ripping two shots on the Lions goalkeeper forcing her to have to make a couple saves very early on.
- However, Emmanuel struck first by placing two shots past goalkeeper Olivia Drake in the sixth and eighth minutes to take an early 2-0 lead on King.
- After a bit more play, the Lions struck again with a shot far post that found the back of the net in the 20th minute to put the Tornado down 3-0.
- King had a few shots more shots during the rest of the first period, but could not put any of them on goal.
- As the second period began, it did not take long for Emmanuel to put in another goal as they scored in the 49th minute with another shot far post to take a 4-0 lead.
- King was able to get on the board in the 52nd minute when Lizzie Boone ripped a 25 yard free kick past the Lion's keeper to score her first career goal.
- Answering quickly, however, was Emmanuel with a goal in the 54th minute that fell over Drake's head and into the back of the net. The goal put the Torando down 5-1.
- After the last goal by the Lions, King outshot Emmanuel 12-3, but could not find the back of the net for the rest of the game. The greatest chance to score again came when Miranda Smith sent a ripper off of the crossbar in the 84th minute.
- King outshot Emmanuel 21-12, placing 7 of their 21 shots on goal.
- Drake made 5 saves for King.
FOR THE FOES
- Stephanie Lamm led the Lions with a hat trick and an assist.
- Emmanuel recorded six corner kicks.
- King travels to Belmont Abbey College on Tuesday for a Conference Carolinas matchup at 1:00 pm.
- Emmanuel heads to Columbia College on Wednesday.