BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University hosted Chowan University on Senior Day, and the score remained even through the first half. However, the Hawks scored a pair of goals in the second half, taking the contest 2-0.
FINAL SCORE: Chowan 2, King 0
LOCATION: Parks Field; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 1-9-1, 1-6 Conference Carolinas; Chowan 6-1-2, 4-1-1 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The first half was played tight as King took three shots in the opening stanza and Chowan took eight.
- Olivia Drake came up with a pair of saves for the Tornado to keep the game scoreless at the break.
- Miranda Smith had a pair of shots in the opening 10 minutes for King, one sailed high and the other was left.
- Drake came up with a save in the 11th minute, and the Hawks followed with another chance that went off the post.
- Chowan broke through in the 48th minute when Carolina Lucci dribbled down the middle and beat the keeper to the lower right, giving the Hawks the 1-0 lead.
- It was nearly a 2-0 lead in the 57th minute, but their shot hit the post.
- The Tornado had a chance in the 69th minute with a corner kick and followed with a shot by Maya Houston that was stopped by the Hawk defense.
- Smith followed with a shot on frame in the 73rd minute, but that was turned away by the Hawk goalkeeper.
- Chowan extended their lead in the 78th minute as Lucci scored her second of the game with the assist to Irina Certan.
- The Tornado couldn't come back as the Hawks took the contest 2-0.
- King took 11 shots, placing two on goal and earned three corner kicks.
FOR THE FOES
- Chowan placed seven of their 17 shots on frame and had five corner kicks.
- King is in action again on Wednesday when they travel to Southern Wesleyan University. Kickoff from Central, S.C. is scheduled for 5:00 p.m.
- Chowan hosts Barton College on Wednesday.