SPARTANBURG, S.C. – The King University Women's Soccer team headed to Converse College on Saturday night for a Conference Carolinas matchup. The Valkries offense was strong and took down the Tornado 3-0.
FINAL SCORE: Converse 3, King 0
LOCATION: Fulp Field; Spartanburg, S.C.
RECORDS: King 2-11-1, 2-8 Conference Carolinas; Converse 4-9-2, 3-6-1 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Converse controlled the pace and tempo of the game early and found the back of the net in the 12th minute to take a 1-0 lead over the Tornado.
- King struggled to get the ball in their offensive end as they recorded only one shot in the first half.
- Although the Tornado could not get much going offensively, they held their own on defense and went into the half down 1-0.
- The Valkries did not take long to score in the second half as they recorded their second goal in the 47th minute.
- The Tornado struggled to get their offense going in the second half as they recorded only one shot on goal.
- In the 89th minute, Converse found the back of the net once more to take a 3-0 lead. Ultimately, this would be the final score of the contest.
- Olivia Drake recorded six saves for the Tornado.
FOR THE FOES
- Melissa Carlyle scored two of Converse's three goals Saturday night.
- The Valkries recorded 21 total shots, placing nine on frame.
- King hosts Carson-Newman University on Wednesday afternoon at 3:30 pm.
- Converse concludes their season on Saturday when they head to North Greenville University.