BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University women's soccer team took on #4 Carson-Newman University on Wednesday afternoon in a nonconference matchup. The nationally ranked Eagles had a strong offense and defeated the Tornado 5-0.
FINAL SCORE: Carson-Newman 5, King 0
LOCATION: Parks Field
RECORDS: King 2-12-1, 2-8 Conference Carolinas; Carson-Newman 13-0-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Carson-Newman controlled the pace and tempo early, but could not beat Tornado goalkeeper Olivia Drake as she made multiple spectacular saves.
- However, in the 30th minute, the Eagles found the back of the net to take a 1-0 lead in the contest.
- Carson-Newman scored again in the 39th minute to give them a 2-0 lead.
- At the half, King trailed 2-0 and was outshot 17-0.
- Coming out of the half, it didn't take long for the Eagles to score as they scored just 17 seconds into the second half to make it 3-0.
- In the 66th minute, Carson-Newman beat Drake with an upper 90 shot to put King down 4-0.
- The Eagles capped off the game with a goal in the 89th minute to put them up 5-0 and ultimately take the match 5-0 over the Tornado.
- Drake recorded 14 saves on the day for King.
FOR THE FOES
- Magda Mosengo led the way for the Eagles with a pair of goals on the night.
- Carson-Newman recorded 31 shots on the night, placing 20 on frame.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Drake recorded a career high 14 saves for the Tornado.
- King heads to Barton College on Saturday for a 12:00 pm start.
- Carson-Newman travels to Coker College on Saturday.