BRISTOL, Tenn.- The King University women's soccer team opened its season on Thursday against Concord University. Following a close first half, Concord broke the game open with four goals in the second half, taking the contest 5-0.
FINAL SCORE: Concord 5, King 0
LOCATION: Parks Field, Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 0-1; Concord 1-0
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concord put pressure on King early resulting in a goal in the 14th minute by Leah Foster.
- King's best opportunity of the day came from Maya Houston in the 26th minute. Houston made a couple of skillful moves to get away from Concord defenders and ripped a shot that sailed just high of the goal nearly missing a game-tying goal.
- Neither team had any scoring opportunities the remainder of the half as the score remained 1-0 at halftime.
- Concord came out the half ready to play by scoring two goals within five minutes to stretch the lead 3-0, getting goals from Pilar Elias and Foster in the 58th and 62nd minutes.
- Concord then added two more goals in the last five minutes of regulation to take the win 5-0.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Lindsey Dunham made eight saves in her collegiate debut.
- The Tornado had five shots the only one on goal coming from Anya Gross.
FOR THE FOES
- Foster started off the year with a hat trick.
- Pilar Elias had two goals and an assist.
- King hosts Nova Southeastern University on Saturday at Parks Field at 1:00 p.m.
- Concord hosts Felician University on Sunday at 1:00 p.m.