BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University women's soccer team took on 23rd-ranked Nova Southeastern University on Saturday. Nova Southeastern scored early in the contest creating a comfortable 3-0 lead in the first half to eventually win the match 5-0.
FINAL SCORE: #23 Nova Southeastern 5, King 0
LOCATION: Parks Field, Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 0-2; Nova Southeastern 1-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Nova Southeastern's offense came out firing in the first half, scoring a goal from Jemma House in the second minute.
- The sharks took a commanding lead with two goals in a two-minute span.
- Dejah Holman found the back of the net in the 24th and Morgan Masters followed with a goal in the 26th minute.
- In the second half, Nova added to their lead in the 45th minute and 80th minute to eventually take the contest 5-0.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Nova Southeastern outshot the Tornado 27-2, with their stout defense holding King without a shot on goal.
- The Sharks had eight corner kicks and 13 shots on goal with Lindsey Dunham making eight saves for the Tornado.
FOR THE FOES
- Holman scored twice and had an assist.
- Masters had a goal and an assist.
- King hosts Milligan College on Tuesday at Parks Field at 5:00 p.m.
- Nova Southeastern takes on University of Alabama Huntsville on Sunday morning in Greeneville, Tenn.