MARYVILLE, Tenn. – The King University women's soccer team returned to action on the road at Maryville College on Wednesday night. The Scots scored a pair of goals in the first half and added three more in the second to take the contest 5-1.
FINAL SCORE: King 5, Maryville 1
LOCATION: Maryville, Tenn.
RECORD: King 0-5; Maryville 3-2
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Maryville controlled play early and found the back of the net in the 11th minute when Bailey Sipos ripped a shot into the upper left corner of the net.
- The Scots continued to press and broke through again in the 35th minute when Shannon Reagan headed in a pass from Jenna Clothier, stretching the lead to 2-0.
- The score remained the same at the break before Sipos scored again in the 48th minute.
- Maryville stretched their lead to 4-0 in the 56th minute on a Zoe Van Hook goal.
- King got on the board in the 76th minute when Jaida Souvannaraj found Anya Gross in the front of the net who ripped her shot past the keeper, cutting the Tornado deficit to 4-1.
- However, Maryville added another goal in the 80th minute to take the contest 5-1.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Tornado took six shots, placing three on frame while Maryville placed nine of their 28 shots on goal.
- For Gross, the goal was the first of her career and Souvannaraj handed out her first career assist.
- King is in action again on Wednesday when they travel to take on 18th-ranked Limestone College. Kickoff from Gaffney, S.C. is scheduled for 5:00 p.m.
- Maryville hosts Transylvania University on Wednesday.