BRISTOL, Tenn. – On what was a cloudy windy day the King women's soccer team fell in a deep hole early to Converse eventually dropping the match 5-0.
FINAL SCORE: Converse 5, King 0
LOCATION: Parks Field; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 1-10, 1-5 Conference Carolinas; Belmont Abbey 2-9, 1-16 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Valkyries controlled play in the early going and throughout the match. The first goal came from the boot of Cassidy Marshall in the 11th minute
- Converse was quick to add to the lead in the 26' minute and not even a minute later in the 27th minute as well coming from Melissa Carlyle and A.C. Albritton.
- The Tornado had their best chance of the day right before halftime to cut the lead down with a shot from Lizzie Boone that sailed high.
- The Valkyries were not done scoring as right out the half Cassidy Marshall netted off of Hannah Clements in the 47th minute.
- Converse added a fifth goal in the 88th minute to take the match 5-0.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Meghan O'Ferral and Boone had two shots each.
- Converse led the shot total 27-7 with 11 shots on goal to King's zero.
FOR THE FOES
- Marshall got her fourth goal of the year.
- The win is the first conference win of the year for Converse.
- King travels to Chowan University on Saturday at 12:00 p.m.
- Converse hosts Southern Wesleyan University on Friday.