MURFREESBORO, N.C. – The King University women's soccer team took a long road trip to Chowan University on Saturday. The Hawks netted three goals in the first half and added four more in the second to take the contest 7-0.
FINAL SCORE: Chowan 7, King 0
LOCATION: Hawks Field; Murfreesboro, N.C.
RECORDS: King 1-11, 1-6 Conference Carolinas; Chowan 4-5-1, 4-3-1 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Stephanie Quintanill gave Chowan the lead with a goal on a penalty kick in the third minute.
- Carolina Lucci then scored a pair of goals before halftime, coming in the eighth and 35th minutes to give Chowan a 3-0 lead.
- The Hawk defense was stout in the opening 45 minutes, allowing King to zero shots and three corner kicks.
- Lucci scored two more goals to open the second half, coming in the 46th and 53rd minutes, extending the Hawk lead to 5-0.
- Chowan took the contest 7-0 following goals in the 78th and 89th minutes from Emily Trueman and Susan Balladares, respectively.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- King took four shots in the contest, three on frame.
- Meghan O'Ferral had two shots on goal and Anya Gross added the other.
- Lindsey Dunham made six saves in goal for King.
- Chowan had 18 shots and 13 shots on goal in the match.
- Olivia Borer made three saves for the Hawks.
- King hosts Southern Wesleyan University on Wednesday at 3:30 p.m.
- Chowan hosts Converse College on Wednesday afternoon.