BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University women's soccer team opened the Conference Carolinas season with a tough defeat against Emmanuel College. The Lions scored the game's lone goal in the 74th minute to take the contest 1-0.
FINAL SCORE: Emmanuel 1, King 0
LOCATION: Parks Field; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 1-1, 0-1 Conference Carolinas; Emmanuel 3-0, 1-0 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Emmanuel was the aggressor early, placing three of their four shots on goal in the opening 15 minutes.
- However, Erin Foster game up with a save on both occasions.
- The first scoring chance for the Tornado came in the 25th minute when Alex Svetlik ripped a shot that was turned away.
- Emmanuel had two more chances in the final five minutes, but Foster came up with another save and the other shot was off the mark.
- The Lions continued to put pressure on in the opening 10 minutes of the second half, taking another shot that was turned away by Foster.
- The pressure paid off for the Lions in the 74th minute when Hannah Logue rolled a ball past Foster, giving the Lions a 1-0 lead.
- King had another chance in the final minute as Svetlik had a shot turned away as the Lions took the game 1-0.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Emmanuel outshot the Tornado 21-6, placing eight on frame. King placed four shots on goal.
- King had three corner kicks while the Lions had two.
- Foster made seven saves for the Tornado.
FOR THE FOES
- The goal for Logue was her third of the season.
- Hannah Welch made four saves in goal.
- King travels to Concord University on Tuesday afternoon. Kickoff is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. in Athens, W.Va.
- Emmanuel travels to Young Harris College on Wednesday.