BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University women's soccer team dropped a close contest at Parks Field on Monday afternoon. Limestone College scored goals just before and after halftime to take the contest 2-0.
FINAL SCORE: Limestone 2, King 0
LOCATION: Parks Field; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 5-10, 2-8 Conference Carolinas; Limestone 8-8, 7-3 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Limestone was the aggressor in the first half, but the Tornado defense limited their offensive by only allowing one goal on 20 shots.
- King took two shots in the opening 45 minutes, but couldn't place one on target.
- Erin Foster came up with seven saves in the first half to keep the Tornado within striking distance.
- In the 32nd minute, a corner kick gave Limestone momentum to score their first goal of the game.
- Selina Boveleth set the ball up in front of the net, which gave Hannah Smith the opportunity to score the goal.
- Foster made another save in the 41st minute, sending the game to halftime as the Saints lead 1-0.
- Limestone came into the second half strong, 12 minutes in, the Saints scored their second goal of the game by Emma Hickson assisted by Chloe Shipway and Kilpert Kaitlyn.
- Meghan O'Ferral may have had the best scoring chance for the Tornado in the 80th minute, but her shot was turned away.
- However, King couldn't muster any offense against the Limestone defense, dropping the contest 2-0.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- King took six shots, placing one on goal.
- The Tornado also earned two corner kicks.
- Foster made 13 saves for the Tornado.
FOR THE FOES
- Limestone took 31 shots, 15 being on target.
- The Saints earned six corner kicks in the contest.
- Taylin Jean made one save in the match.