EMORY, Va. – The King University women's swimming team returned to the pool at Emory & Henry College on Friday night where they faced the home-standing Wasps and Milligan College. The Tornado came away with a 123-30 victory over Milligan and fell to Emory & Henry 115-74.
FINAL SCORE: King 123, Milligan 30; Emory & Henry 115, King 74
LOCATION: Emory, Va.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- King started out with a time of 2:27.29 in the 200 meter medley relay with the quartet of Macarena Martin Mayor, Koai Martin, Annie Ly and Haley Carpenter.
- In the 800 meter freestyle, Jess Vargo finished second in a time of 10:39.76.
- Nicola Mead finished second in the 200 meter freestyle with a time of 2:19.45 and Martin finished 2:44.56.
- In the 50 meter freestyle, Nicole Maldonado finished in 27.92 seconds to take second while Samantha Vargo finished in 30.77 seconds.
- Martin Mayor took another runner-up finish in the 200 meter individual medley with a time of 2:39.59.
- Ly finished first with a 100 meter butterfly time of 1:12.69. Samantha Vargo finished third in a time of 1:14.54.
- In the 100 meter freestyle, Maldonado finished first with a time of 1:03.68.
- Ly and Martin finished fourth and fifth in the 100 meter backstroke with times of 1:25.72 and 1:30.58, respectively.
- In the 400 meter freestyle, Mead finished second in 5:01.01 and Jess Vargo finished in 5:15.96.
- Martin Mayor finished runner-up in the 100 meter breaststroke with a time of 1:21.76 and Carpenter finished in 1:29.92.
- The 200 meter freestyle relay team of Samantha Vargo, Jess Vargo, Mead and Maldonado finished first with a time of 1:57.49.
- King will be in action again on February 4 at Union College (Ky.) the meet is scheduled for 1:00 p.m.