CHARLOTTE, N.C. – The King University women's swimming team capped off the final day of competition at the Conference Carolinas Championships by setting two new school records.
KING RESULTS: 5th of 5
LOCATION: Mecklenburg Municipal Pool; Charlotte, N.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Jess Vargo started the day off for the Tornado by setting a school record and taking a fifth place finish in the 200 yard backstroke with a time of 2:15.43 in the finals.
- In the 100 freestyle race, Madison Wisley added another great performance to the weekend for the Tornado by posting a second place finish in the event with a time of 53.69.
- Macarena Martin Mayor broke a school record and took home a fourth place finish in the 200 yard breaststroke with her time of 2:27.29. Haley Carpenter also competed in this event and finished in 11th place with a time of 2:42.50.
- The 400 yard freestyle relay team of Vargo, Wisley, Carpenter, and Martin Mayor finished off the day for King with a 5th place finish in the event.
QUOTE FROM THE COACH
- "A great day to end the meet and the competitive season," said head coach James Graves. "I'm so proud of how this team has come together this year and laid the foundation for future tornado swim teams. I will always remember this first year of coaching and will miss these seniors. The future is bright for this team!"
- The Conference Carolinas Championships conclude the 2017-18 season for the King University women's swimming team.