RALEIGH, N.C. – The King University women's swimming team split in the meet on Saturday. The Tornado dropped the first dual against Barton College and won the second dual against William Peace University.
FINAL SCORE: King 153, William Peace 43; Barton 161, King 89
LOCATION: Triangle Aquatic Center; Raleigh, N.C.
RECORDS: King 3-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Tornado started off the meet with a win in the 200-yard medley relay. Jess Vargo, Macarena Martin Mayor, Nicola Mead and Madison Wisley finished with a time of 1:55.63.
- In the 200 yard freestyle, Vargo and Wisley finished second and third with a time of 2:05.72 and 2:05.92 respectively.
- In the 100 yard backstroke, Brooke Williams finished third with a time of 1:09.47.
- In the 100 yard breaststroke, Martin Mayor finished second with a time of 1:13.67.
- In the 100 yard butterfly, Mead took first with a tie of 2:14.69.
- In the 50 yard freestyle, Martin Mayor took second with a time of 25.36.
- In the 100 yard freestyle, Wisley took second with a time of 56.21.
- In the 200 yard backstroke, Vargo took first with a time of 2:21.43.
- In the 200 yard breaststroke, Martin Mayor took first with a time of 2:34.43.
- In the 100 yard butterfly, Mead took first with a time of 1:00.89.
- In the 400 yard individual medley Martin Mayor took second with a time of 4:58.84
- To round out the meet in the 400 yard freestyle relay the team of Mead, Williams, Josie Gunn, and Dakota Bastin took third with a time of 4:11.08.
- "We fought hard today, put up some solid times for this point in our season, and are gaining some valuable racing experience along the way," head coach James Graves said. "We picked up some big wins from our upperclassmen today, as well as a top 25 nationally-ranked 400 individual medley time from freshmen Simen Vik. Congrats to Cory Cremer on a new team record in the 1650 freestyle as well. We look forward to racing Mars Hill next week."
- King travels to take on Mars Hill University on Friday. The meet is scheduled to start at 6:00 p.m.