CHARLOTTE, N.C. – The King University women's swimming team finished the fall season with a strong showing at the Fall Frenzy Invitational. The Tornado finished 11th at the deep meet.
KING RESULTS: 11th of 14
LOCATION: Mecklenburg Municipal Pool; Charlotte, N.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The 200 yard freestyle relay team of Madison Wisley, Jess Vargo, Nicola Mead and Brooke Williams finished in 1:41.80, coming within one second of the school record.
- Wisley finished the 50 yard freestyle in 24.61 seconds to finish 21st.
- Vargo, Macarena Martin Mayor, Mead and Wisley finished the 400 yard medley relay in 4:07.19.
- Brooke Williams set a personal record with a time of 2:12.90 in the 200 yard freestyle.
- Wisley also set a personal best with a time of 2:01.66 in the 200 yard freestyle when she started the 800 yard freestyle relay for the Tornado.
- The relay team finished in 8:25.47.
- Williams set a personal record in the 100 yard freestyle with a time of 58.98 seconds.
QUOTES FROM THE COACH
"Some solid swimming from King University on day one," head coach James Graves said. "We rested for a week and are swimming close to our best times which is a good sign for us. This has been a great test for our team so far, and we are having a great time competing together. I look forward to what the next two days bring for King swimming"
"Another great day of racing for the King University swim team with four more team records falling today, as well as three swims in finals against NCAA Division I teams," Graves said. "Everyone continues to learn more about what it takes to race at a high level, as well as learning to be resilient through adversity. It was a great day to be a Tornado!"
"Today was our best day of racing all weekend, which is hard to do on the last day of the meet," said Graves. "I was very pleased with how swam overall this weekend. We represented King University with class, and our upperclassmen continue to do a great job leading this young team to new heights. Special thanks to our outstanding parents whose support was fantastic this weekend. Go Tornado!"
- The Tornado are in action again on January 11 when they take on Mars Hill University.