BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University women's swimming team returned to the poll on Friday night at Tennessee High School. The Tornado defeated Emory & Henry College 105-63 and fell to Mars Hill University 114-84.
FINAL SCORE: King 141, Emory & Henry 49; Mars Hill 114
LOCATION: Tennessee High School; Bristol, Tenn.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The quartet of Jess Vargo, Macarena Martin Mayor, Nicola Mead and Madison Wisley started the meet off with a win in the 200 yard medley relay with a time of 1:55.57.
- Josie Gunn finished the 1000 yard freestyle in 12:09.31 while Alexia Autrey came in at 12:23.12.
- In the 200 yard freestyle, Mead came in with a time of 2:07.19 while Dakota Bastin finished in 2:23.75.
- Wisley won the 50 yard freestyle by nearly a full second with a time of 25.11 seconds.
- Brooke Williams was third in the 50 yard freestyle with a time of 26.50.
- Martin Mayor won the 200 yard individual medley with a time of 2:24.20.
- Mead won the 100 yard butterfly with a time of 1:00.20 while Autrey came in at 1:07.78.
- Wisley followed that with a 100 yard freestyle time of 56.03 seconds to take second.
- Vargo finished second in the 100 yard backstroke with a time of 1:05.51. Williams came in at 1:08.52.
- In the 500 yard freestyle, Gunn came in with a time of 6:00.56.
- Martin Mayor finished third in the 100 yard breaststroke with a time of 1:14.40.
- The 400 yard freestyle relay team of Autrey, Williams, Bastin and Gunn finished with a time 4:13.61.
- King takes the poll again on Friday, January 25 against Carson-Newman University. The meet is scheduled to start at 6:00 p.m. at Tennessee High School.