SPARTANBURG, S.C. – The King University women's swimming team had a successful relay meet at Converse College, defeating the host Valkyries and Brenau University for the first time in program history. The Tornado also fell to Emmanuel College at the meet.
FINAL SCORE: King 172, Converse 138; King 174, Brenau 106; Emmanuel 220, King 136
LOCATION: Montgomery Student Center Pool; Spartanburg, S.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Steph Dansie, Madi Matthews and Nicola Mead started the meet with a 300 yard butterfly time of 3:12.22.
- In the 300 yard backstroke, Ashley Woods, Lynsey Knox and Samantha Davis finished in 3:15.90.
- The 800 yard freestyle relay team of Dansie, Mead, Matthews and Woods finished second in 8:17.39.
- Knox, Macarena Martin Mayor, Mead and Matthews finished the 400 yard medley relay in a time of 4:23.24.
- In the 200 yard freestyle relay, Davis, Michelle Morlock, Brooke Williams and Matthews finished in 1:45.03.
- Martin Mayor, Dansie, Davis and Mead finished the 400 yard medley relay in a time of 4:27.57.
"The relay meet is a fun format that requires a full team effort," head coach James Graves said. "Our women's team pulled together and beat very tough Converse and Brenau teams for the first time in program history. It is a great step for our women swimmers as we continue to explore what it means to be a true team."
- King is in action again on October 26 at Mars Hill University. The meet is scheduled to start at 2:00 p.m.