MARS HILL, N.C. – The King University women's swimming team came away with their third win of the season on Saturday when they defeated Mars Hill University 133-110.
FINAL SCORE: King 133, Mars Hill 110
LOCATION: Mars Hill, N.C.
RECORDS: King 3-1; Mars Hill 0-2
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The 200 yard medley relay team of Samantha Davis, Macarena Martin Mayor, Nicola Mead and Brooke Williams finished first with a time of 1:58.41.
- Gwen Haag won the 100 yard breaststroke with a time of 1:15.97.
- In the 200 yard butterfly, Steph Dansie came away with a win in 2:17.77.
- Madi Matthews won the 50 yard and 100 yard freestyle races. She finished the 50 freestyle in 25.63 seconds and the 100 yard freestyle in 55.65 seconds.
- Martin Mayor took the win with a 200 yard breaststroke time of 2:40.89.
- In the 500 yard freestyle, Ashley Woods touched the wall first with a time of 5:29.28.
- Nicola Mead was victorious in the 100 yard butterfly with a time of 1:03.06.
"A solid victory for our women's team, who now moves to 3-1 on the year in dual meets," head coach James Graves said. "We have enough depth and top-end speed to compete on a higher level this year, and it has been great seeing our women's team grow in confidence. We have quite a ways to go in terms of learning how to bring the focus every day that is needed to reach the next level individually and as a team, but this was a step in the right direction."
- King returns to the pool on Friday at Emory & Henry College where they will take on the host Wasps and Milligan College at 5:00 p.m.
- Mars Hill takes on Converse College and Chowan University on Saturday.