EMORY, Va. – The King University women's swimming team added two more wins to their season after defeating Emory & Henry and Milligan College at the Emory Henry Aquatic Center.
FINAL SCORE: King 147, Emory & Henry 54; King 118, Milligan 84
LOCATION: Emory & Henry Aquatic Center; Emory, Va.
RECORDS: King 5-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The 200 meter freestyle relay team of Samantha Davis, Michelle Morlock, Jayne Wolbert, and Madi Matthews finished first with a time of 1:57.79.
- Matthews was victorious in the 50 meter freestyle, finishing with a time of 28.68. Morlock came in third with a time of 30.22 and Brooke Williams followed behind in fourth with a time of 30.35 seconds.
- Davis won the 100 meter backstroke with a time of 1:12.67.
- In the 100 meter butterfly, Nicola Mead clenched the first place finish with a time of 1:09.92.
- Steph Dansie took home the win in the 200 meter individual medley, finishing with a time of 2:35.83.
- In the 100 meter freestyle, King finished second, third, and fourth. Matthews came in second with a time of 1:02.95, Ashley Woods came in third with a time of 1:05.09, and Wolbert came in fourth with a time of 1:06.21
- Woods came in second in the 400 and 800 meter freestyle, finishing with times of 4:47.84 and 9:43.59, respectively.
- The Tornado also dominated in the 200 meter freestyle, clenching second, third, and fourth-place finishes. Dansie came in second with a time of 2:19.68, Mead came in third with a time of 2:23.52, and Davis finished fourth with a time of 2:24.67.
"The meet atmosphere was fantastic tonight with three local teams squaring off in a tightly contested meet," head coach James Graves said. "Milligan took it to us at the beginning of the meet, winning the first three events on the women's side and two on the guys side. We responded with some great swims, showing some great determination and versatility. I had a great time coaching and watching this team swim tonight, and we took one more step towards becoming the team I know we can be."
- King returns to the pool on November 22nd in Charlotte, N.C. where they will compete in the Fall Frenzy Invitational at the Mecklenburg Municipal Pool.
- Emory & Henry takes on Greensboro next week and Milligan takes on Lees-McRae College on Saturday.