CHARLOTTE, N.C. – The King University women's swimming team set seven school records over the four-day Conference Carolinas Swimming Championships. One of those records feel on the final day as the Tornado finished third at the championships.
KING RESULTS: 3rd of 7
LOCATION: Mecklenburg Municipal Pool; Charlotte, N.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The 400 yard freestyle relay team of Brooke Williams, Samantha Davis, Ashley Woods and Madi Matthews finished fourth with a school-record time of 3:40.59.
- In the 100 yard freestyle prelims, Williams and Michelle Morlock set personal records with times of 55.66 and 57.68 seconds, respectively.
- Gwen Haag finished 11th in the 200 yard breaststroke in a personal record time of 2:38.44.
- Also in the 200 yard breaststroke, Mallory Davis set a personal best, touching the wall in 2:54.22.
- Woods finished runner-up in the 1650 freestyle with a time of 18:06.38
- Also in the 1650 yard freestyle, Jayne Wolbert came in ninth and Josie Gunn finished 10th with times of 19:34.62 and 19:39.50, respectively.
- Matthews finished fifth with a 100 yard freestyle time of 53.69 seconds.
- Steph Dansie touched the wall in 2:16.12 in the 200 yard backstroke to take 10th.
- Macarena Martin Mayor came in sixth in the 200 yard breaststroke with a time of 2:31.90.
FOR THE FOES
- Emmanuel College won the Conference Carolinas Championship with Barton College finishing second and King third.
"A great way to finish the season with third place in both sides," said head coach James Graves. "It was a true team effort with almost everyone contributing in scoring. I am proud of the way we fought all year. We will continue to work on becoming better individuals and team members as we move forward into next year. It has been a great ride with these seniors, and I hope they will take these experiences with them as they take the next step in their lives. Go Tornado!"