BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University women's tennis team fell to Converse College on Tuesday afternoon. The Tornado fell behind in doubles and couldn't come back in singles, falling to the Valkyries 9-0.
FINAL SCORE: Converse 9, King 0
LOCATION: King Tennis Courts; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 0-12, 0-7 Conference Carolinas; Converse 8-9, 3-5 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Tornado played well at the top two doubles flights, but fell 8-4 and 8-3, respectively.
- In singles play, Isla Bell dropped a 6-2, 6-3 decision to Taylor Parrott at the second flight and Marylin Roustand fell to Kaitlin Knight 6-1, 6-3 at the third flight.
- The Valkyries then took the final four singles matches to take the dual 9-0.
- The Tornado will be in action again on Saturday when they take on Barton College at 10:00 a.m. The match will take place at the Bristol Racquet and Fitness Club.
- Converse travels to Emmanuel College on Tuesday.