BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University women's tennis team dropped a nonconference match to Milligan College on Monday evening. The Tornado played the Buffaloes tight, but Milligan took the dual 6-1.
FINAL SCORE: Milligan 6, King 1
LOCATION: Ida Stone Jones Community Tennis Center; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 1-6; Milligan 9-5
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The No. 2 doubles tandem of Marylin Roustand and Lauren Smorgonsky nearly came up with a win, but fell 7-6 (7-1) to Chessa Jones and Karson Light.
- Milligan won the other two doubles matches to take the doubles point.
- Roustand won her No. 1 singles match in three sets over Lexie Hill. She took the first set 6-3 before falling 6-1 in the second set. Roustand then took the final set 6-4.
- Isla Bell and Murphy Harr played well at No. 4 and No. 5 singles.
- Bell dropped the first set to Light 6-4, but came back with a 7-5 victory in the second set. However, Light won the final set 6-1.
- Harr took the lead with a 7-6 (9-7) win the first set over Mackenzie Grady. However, Grady won the final two sets 6-2 and 10-3.
- The Buffaloes took the other three singles matches to take the dual 6-1.
- King takes to the road to face Emmanuel College on Friday. The Conference Carolinas dual is scheduled to start at 2:00 p.m.
- Milligan travels to Union College (Ky.) on Wednesday.