BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University women's tennis team dropped a Conference Carolinas dual on Friday afternoon to the University of Mount Olive. The Tornado played shorthanded, and fell 7-0.
FINAL SCORE: Mount Olive 7, King 0
LOCATION: King Tennis Courts; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 1-10, 0-5 Conference Carolinas; Mount Olive 4-7, 3-1 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- King dropped the No. 3 doubles match by default, and Mount Olive took the top flight match 6-0 and the second flight match 6-2 to take the doubles point.
- In singles play, the Trojans won the No. 6 match by default before taking the other five matches.
- At No. 2 singles, Lauren Smorgonsky fell 6-0, 6-1 to Lina Maria Alarcon and Murphy Harr fell to Deike Schipper 6-0, 6-1 at the fourth flight.
- King hosts Belmont Abbey College on Saturday at 2:30 p.m.
- Mount Olive travels to Lees-McRae College on Saturday.