BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University women's tennis team hosted North Greenville for their second match in as many days. Murphy Harr and Morgan Buchanan both give King a point but was not enough to pull out a victory.
FINAL SCORE: North Greenville 5, King 2
LOCATION: King Tennis Courts; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 1-13, 0-8 Conference Carolinas; North Greenville 5-13, 3-4 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- At No. 3 doubles Harr and Isla Bell took a doubles match against Lizeth Medina Diaz and Nicole Dalious 6-3 for their second doubles match win in a row.
- The Crusaders, however; took the other two doubles matches to take the doubles point.
- Marylin Roustand almost took a set against Gala Casteel at No. 1 singles but fell 6-4, 6-1.
- At No. 3 singles Lauren Smorgonsky took three games from Jhovana Brena but fell 6-0, 6-3
- At No. 5 singles Harr took both sets 6-4 over Bethany Tankersley.
- Buchanan followed at No. 6 singles with a 6-1, 6-0 dominated victory over Dalious.
- King would fall, however, 5-2.
- King travels to Montreat College first set scheduled for at 1:30 p.m. on Monday.
- North Grenville travels to Lees-McRae tomorrow.