BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University women's tennis team earned their first win of the spring, defeating Bluefield College. The Tornado took the doubles point and won all five singles matches for the 6-0 victory.
FINAL SCORE: King 6, Bluefield 0
LOCATION: Bristol Racquet Club; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 1-5; Bluefield 0-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Marilyn Roustand and Lauren Smorgonsky defeated Abigail Martin and Hannah Thacker 6-3 at No. 1 doubles.
- At the second doubles flight, Isla Bell and Murphy Harr defeated Camila Coradi Kassidy Brown 6-1 to give King the doubles point.
- In singles play, Roustand defeated Martin 6-2, 6-4 at No. 1 singles while Smorgonsky followed with a 6-4, 7-6 win over Coradi.
- Bell defeated Thacker 7-5, 6-2 at third flight and Harr topped Katherina Zausek 6-1, 6-3 at the fourth flight.
- Morgan Buchanan defeated Brown 6-2, 6-4 at No. 5 singles to give King the 6-0 victory.
- King is in action again on Friday when they host Davis & Elkins College at 3:00 p.m.
- Bluefield hosts Averett University on Saturday.