BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University women's track and field team got their spring season underway at the ETSU Invitational over the weekend. Jordan Jennings led the way for the Tornado as she qualified for the finals of the 400 meter dash.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Jennings finished the 400 meter preliminary race in a time of 59.27 seconds, qualifying her for the finals where she took seventh with a time of 58.63 seconds.
- Amari McFadden nearly qualified for the finals in the 60 meter dash, finishing ninth in the prelims with a school record time of 7.87 seconds. That time broke the previous school record of 7.95 seconds. She missed out in a spot in the finals by 0.006 seconds.
- In the field events, Esther Johnson posted a shot put of 11.0 meters to finish 13th and weight throw of 11.17 meters where she finished 14th.
- Bree Cassidy finished 14th in the high jump with a mark of 1.46 meters.
- Amani McFadden took 14th in the triple jump when she marked at 10.83 meters.
- King will be in action again on January 29-30 at the Darius Dixon Invitational in Lynchburg, Va.