LYNCHBURG, Va. – The King University women's track and field team competed in the Darius Dixon Memorial Invitational where the Tornado recorded multiple top five finishes. Highlighting their success was Esther Johnson who stood on the top of the podium for the Tornado.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Johnson earned a first place finish for King in the shot put posted a mark of 11.26, only 0.09 meters off a personal record.
- Amari McFadden qualified for finals in the 60 meter dash where she earned a fifth place finish with a time of 8:02 seconds.
- Competing in the 200 meter dash, Jordan Jennings landed a eighth place finish and in the 400 meter dash broke into the top five with a fourth place finish crossing the line at 1:01.38.
- Running the 3000 meter race for the first time was Samantha Schreiber, finishing sixth with a time of 10:54.29.
- Bree Cassidy finished fifth in the high jump at the 1.55 meter mark.
- Lindsey Burnett recorded a 4.75 meter long jump finishing in fifth
- King will be in action again on February 5-6 in the Buccaneer Invite at ETSU.