WILLIAMSBURG, Va. – The distance runners from the King University track and field teams traveled to the Colonial Relays over the weekend and Tanner Cook led the group. Cook set a new personal record in the 10,000 meters for the Tornado.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Cook covered the 10,000 meter distance in 32:11.42, setting a new personal best by more than 30 seconds.
- Samantha Schreiber also ran the 10,000 meters, finishing in a time of 41:06.93.
- James Russell Ballowe and Charles Ramos both ran the 5,000 meters with Ballowe finishing in 15:45.13 and Ramos crossing the tape in 16:51.91
- In the 3,000 meter steeplechase, Connor Hatfield finished in 9:37.01.
- The Tornado will be in action again on Friday when they travel to the Appalachian State Outdoor Open in Boone, N.C.