BOONE, N.C. – The King University women's track & field team had a good weekend at the Appalachian Open, finishing eight of 14 teams. Neyasha Honorable led the way for the Tornado with a pair of top five finishes.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Honorable started the weekend with a third place finish in the 200 meter dash with a time of 27.43 seconds.
- She later took fourth in the 400 meters with a time of 1:02.62, as she was the top NCAA Division II finisher.
- Also in the 200 meter dash, Isis Smith finished 12th with a time of 28.75 seconds. Earlier in the day she covered the 55 meter distance in 8.08 seconds.
- In the 3,000 meter run, Hannah Kusmierz finished sixth with a time of 11:36.14.
- The Tornado are in action again at the Finn Pincus Invitational on Friday and Saturday in Roanoke, Va.