WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – The King University women's track & field team finished sixth at the Conference Carolinas Indoor Track & Field Championships. The day was highlighted by a conference championship from Kirstin Barton in the 3000 meters.
KING RESULTS: 6th of 10
LOCATION: JDL FastTrack; Winston-Salem, N.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Barton covered the 3000-meter distance in 10:51.35 seconds to take the conference title.
- She also earned all-conference accolades in the 5000 meters, finishing third with a time of 19:18.32.
- In the mile, Barton crossed the tape in 5:34.59 to finish seventh.
- On the day, Barton scored 18 of King's 27 points.
- In the 5000 meters, Christina Fulcher finished eighth with a time of 20:34.90.
- Meg Davis nearly earned all-conference in the mile, finishing fourth with a time of 5:31.50.
- In the weight throw, Ashley Miller and Brittany Nielson both set personal records.
- Miller finished eighth with a mark of 13.29 meters while Nielson registered a mark of 11.90 meters.
FOR THE FOES
- The University of Mount Olive won the conference championship with a score of 209.5 while Southern Wesleyan University finished second at 106.5.
- King opens the outdoor season on March 8-9 at Coastal Carolina University in Conway, S.C.