MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. – The King University women's track and field team started the outdoor season with a successful meet at the Coastal Carolina Invitational. Kirstin Barton led the way with a personal record in the 5,000 meter run.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Barton posted her first time under 18 minutes in the 5,000 meters, crossing the tame in 17:57.36. She finished second, less than two seconds behind the winner.
- Her previous best of 18:39.98.
- Larynn Clopton had a solid meet as well, setting a pair of personal records.
- Clopton posted a personal best with a triple jump of 10.26 meters to finish sixth.
- She also finished the 200 meter dash in 27.01, setting a new personal standard.
- In the long jump, Clopton posted a mark of 4.87 meters
- Whitney Christian had a good performance in the long jump with a mark of 4.74 meters.
- King is in action again on March 15-16 at the Charlotte Invitational.