HICKORY, N.C. – The King University women's track & field team set more personal records over the weekend at the Lenoir-Rhyne Southside Power & Fitness Invitational. Larynn Clopton led the way with two personal records, including a first place finish in the triple jump.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Clopton had a big day for the Tornado, setting a pair of personal records. In the 200 meter dash she finished in 26.78 seconds, finishing seventh and topping the mark she set last week.
- Clopton also finished first in the triple jump with a personal record mark of 10.74 meters, besting her previous long of 10.26 meters.
- In the 5000 meter run, Rebekah Thomas finished sixth with a time of 20:36.24
- Kirstin Barton set a personal record in the 1500 meter run with a time of 5:01.62, finishing fourth.
- In the throws, Ashley Miller set three personal records, in the discus, hammer throw and javelin.
- She posted marks of 27.85 meters in the discus, 33.91 meters in the hammer and 19.71 meters in the javelin.
- Brittany Nielson set personal records in the discus and hammer throw with marks of 25.04 meters and 29.25 meters, respectively.
- King is in action again on Friday and Saturday at the High Point VertKlasse Meeting in High Point, N.C.