HIGH POINT, N.C. – The King University women's track & field team posted five more personal records over the weekend at the High Point VertKlasse Meeting. Ashley Miller led the way with a pair of personal bests coming in the hammer throw and discus.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Miller posted a mark of 36.39 meters in the hammer and 33.07 meters in the discus, setting personal records in both.
- Also in the throws, Brittany Nielson set a personal record in the hammer throw with a mark of 32.58 meters.
- She posted marks of 27.04 meters in the discus and 10.72 meters in the shot put.
- Larynn Clopton covered the 200 meter distance in a personal record time of 26.50 seconds.
- The Tornado were deep in the 5000 meters, setting a pair of personal records.
- Kirstin Barton led the way with a time of 18:25.29 to finish seventh.
- She was followed by personal records from Rebekah Thomas and Christina Fulcher.
- Thomas covered the distance in 20:14.85 and Fulcher crossed the tape in 20:27.74.
- King is in action again on Saturday when they travel to the Wofford Relays.